“1) I will praise Thee with my whole heart; before the gods will I sing praise unto Thee.
2) I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and for Thy truth, for Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name.
3) In the day when I cried, Thou answered me, and strengthened me with strength in my soul.
4) All the kings of the earth shall praise Thee, O Lord, when they hear the words of Thy mouth.
5) Yea, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord, for great is the glory of the Lord.
6) Though the Lord be high, yet hath He respect unto the lowly, but the proud He knoweth afar off.
7) Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me; Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me.
8) The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me; Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever; forsake not the works of Thine own hands.”
1) A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, His holy name.
2) Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
… Псалом 102:1-2
1) Псалом Давида. Благослови, душа моя, Господа, и вся внутренность моя–святое имя Его.
2) Благослови, душа моя Господа и не забывай всех благодеяний Его.
“24) I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: Thy years are throughout all generations. 25) Of old hast Thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of Thy hands.
26) They shall perish, but Thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt Thou change them, and they shall be changed:
27) But Thou art the same, and Thy years shall have no end.”
… Псалтирь 101:25-28
25) Я сказал: Боже мой! не восхити меня в половине дней моих. Твои лета в роды родов.
26) В начале Ты, основал землю, и небеса–дело Твоих рук;
27) они погибнут, а Ты пребудешь; и все они, как риза, обветшают, и, как одежду, Ты переменишь их, и изменятся;
28) но Ты–тот же, и лета Твои не кончатся.
“1) By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down; yea, we wept when we remembered Zion.
2) We hung our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3) For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song, and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
4) How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land?
5) If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cleverness.
6) If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
7) Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem’s fall, who said, “Raze it, raze it, even to the foundation thereof!”
8) O daughter of Babylon who art to be destroyed, happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
9) Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”
“1) O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good, for His mercy endureth for ever.
2) O give thanks unto the God of gods, for His mercy endureth for ever.
3) O give thanks to the Lord of lords, for His mercy endureth for ever;
4) to Him who alone doeth great wonders, for His mercy endureth for ever;
5) to Him that by wisdom made the heavens, for His mercy endureth for ever;
6) to Him that stretched out the earth above the waters, for His mercy endureth for ever;
7) to Him that made great lights, for His mercy endureth for ever;
8) the sun to rule by day, for His mercy endureth for ever;
9) the moon and stars to rule by night, for His mercy endureth for ever;
10) to Him that smote Egypt in their firstborn, for His mercy endureth for ever;
11) and brought out Israel from among them, for His mercy endureth for ever;
12) with a strong hand and with a stretched out arm, for His mercy endureth for ever;
13) to Him who divided the Red Sea into parts, for His mercy endureth for ever;
14) and made Israel to pass through the midst of it, for His mercy endureth for ever;
15) but overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea, for His mercy endureth for ever;
16) to Him who led His people through the wilderness, for His mercy endureth for ever;
17) to Him who smote great kings, for His mercy endureth for ever;
18) and slew famous kings, for His mercy endureth for ever;
19) Sihon king of the Amorites, for His mercy endureth for ever;
20) and Og the king of Bashan, for His mercy endureth for ever;
21) and gave their land as a heritage, for His mercy endureth for ever;
22) even a heritage unto Israel His servant, for His mercy endureth for ever;
23) who remembered us in our low estate, for His mercy endureth for ever;
24) and hath redeemed us from our enemies, for His mercy endureth for ever;
25) who giveth food to all flesh, for His mercy endureth for ever:
26) O give thanks unto the God of heaven, for His mercy endureth for ever!”
“1) Praise ye the Lord, praise ye the name of the Lord! Praise Him, O ye servants of the Lord!
2) Ye that stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God,
3) praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praises unto His name, for it is pleasant.
4) For the Lord hath chosen Jacob for Himself, and Israel for His peculiar treasure.
5) For I know that the Lord is great, and that our Lord is above all gods.
6) Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did He in heaven and on earth, in the seas and in all deep places.
7) He causeth the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He maketh lightnings for the rain; He bringeth the wind out of His treasuries.
8) He smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast.
9) He sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh and upon all his servants.
10) He smote great nations, and slew mighty kings:
11) Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan;
12) and gave their land as a heritage, a heritage unto Israel His people.
13) Thy name, O Lord, endureth for ever, and Thy memorial, O Lord, throughout all generations.
14) For the Lord will judge His people, and He will repent Himself concerning His servants.
15) The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands.
16) They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;
17) they have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths.
18) They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
19) Bless the Lord, O house of Israel! Bless the Lord, O house of Aaron!
20) Bless the Lord, O house of Levi! Ye that fear the Lord, bless the Lord!
21) Blessed be the Lord out of Zion, who dwelleth in Jerusalem! Praise ye the Lord!”