“1) Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me; fight against them that fight against me.
2) Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
3) Draw out also the spear, and block the way against them that persecute me. Say unto my soul, “I am thy salvation.”
4) Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul; let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
5) Let them be as chaff before the wind, and let the angel of the Lord chase them.
6) Let their way be dark and slippery, and let the angel of the Lord persecute them.
7) For without cause they have hid their net for me in a pit, which without cause they have dug for my soul.
8) Let destruction come upon him unawares; and let the net which he hath hidden catch himself; into that very destruction let him fall.
9) Then my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation.
10) All my bones shall say, “Lord, who is like unto Thee, who deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and needy from him that would plunder him?”
11) False witnesses rose up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
12) They rewarded me evil for good, to the grieving of my soul.
13) But as for me, when they were sick my clothing was sackcloth; I humbled my soul with fasting, and my prayer returned unto mine own bosom.
14) I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother; I bowed down in heaviness, as one that mourneth for his mother.
15) But in mine adversity they rejoiced and gathered themselves together; yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they tore at me and ceased not.
16) With hypocritical mockers at feasts they gnashed their teeth against me.
17) Lord, how long wilt Thou look on? Rescue my soul from their destructions, my precious soul from the lions.
18) I will give Thee thanks in the great congregation; I will praise Thee among many people.
19) Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me; neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
20) For they speak not peace, but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
21) Yea, they opened their mouths wide against me and said, “Aha, aha! Our eyes have seen it.”
22) This Thou hast seen, O Lord; keep not silence; O Lord, be not far from me.
23) Stir up Thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
24) Judge me, O Lord my God, according to Thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
25) Let them not say in their hearts, “Ah, so would we have it!” Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”
26) Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at my hurt; let them be clothed with shame and dishonor that magnify themselves against me.
27) Let them shout for joy and be glad that favor my righteous cause; yea, let them say continually, “Let the Lord be magnified who hath pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
28) And my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long.”
“1) I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2) My soul shall make her boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear thereof and be glad.
3) O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
4) I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5) They looked unto Him and were lightened, and their faces were not ashamed.
6) This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7) The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.
8) O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in Him!
9) O fear the Lord, ye His saints! For them that fear Him suffer no want.
10) The young lions lack and suffer hunger, but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
11) Come, ye children, hearken unto me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12) What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13) Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14) Depart from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
15) The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.
16) The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17) The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18) The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.
19) Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
20) He keepeth all his bones; not one of them is broken.
21) Evil shall slay the wicked, and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22) The Lord redeemeth the soul of His servants, and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.”
“1) Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous! For praise is comely for the upright.
2) Praise the Lord with the harp; sing unto Him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
3) Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.
4) For the word of the Lord is right, and all His works are done in truth.
5) He loveth righteousness and judgment; the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
6) By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
7) He gathereth the waters of the sea together as a heap; He layeth up the deep in storehouses.
8) Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
9) For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.
10) The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought; He maketh the devices of the people of no effect.
11) The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
12) Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He hath chosen for His own inheritance.
13) The Lord looketh down from heaven; He beholdeth all of the sons of men.
14) From the place of His habitation He looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth;
15) He fashioneth the hearts of all; He considereth all their works.
16) No king is saved by the multitude of an army; a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
17) A horse is a vain thing for safety; neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
18) Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy,
19) to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
20) Our soul waiteth for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.
21) For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.
22) Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee.”
“1) Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2) Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3) When I kept silent, my bones waxed old through my groaning all the day long.
4) For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me; the sap of my soul was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
5) I acknowledged my sin unto Thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, “I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord,” and Thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
6) For this shall every one that is godly pray unto Thee in a time when Thou mayest be found; surely the floods of great waters shall not come nigh unto him.
7) Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah
8) “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with Mine eye.
9) Be ye not as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding, whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they not come near unto thee.”
10) Many shall be the sorrows of the wicked; but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.
11) Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, ye righteous; and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart!”
“1) In Thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Thy righteousness.
2) Bow down Thine ear to me, deliver me speedily; be Thou my strong rock, a house of defense to save me.
3) For Thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for the sake of Thy name, lead me and guide me.
4) Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me, for Thou art my strength.
5) Into Thine hand I commit my spirit; Thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
6) I have hated them that have regard for lying vanities; but I trust in the Lord.
7) I will be glad and rejoice in Thy mercy, for Thou hast considered my trouble. Thou hast known my soul in adversities,
8) And hast not delivered me into the hands of the enemy; Thou hast set my feet in a large room.
9) Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
10) For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing; my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
11) I am a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbors, and a fear to mine acquaintances; they that see me in the streets flee from me.
12) I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind; I am like a broken vessel.
13) For I have heard the slander of many; fear was on every side; while they took counsel together against me, they schemed to take away my life.
14) But I have trusted in Thee, O Lord; I said, “Thou art my God.”
15) My times are in Thy hand; deliver me from the hand of mine enemies and from them that persecute me.
16) Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant; save me for Thy mercies’ sake.
17) Let me not be ashamed, O Lord, for I have called upon Thee; let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
18) Let the lying lips be put to silence, which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
19) O how great is Thy goodness which Thou hast laid up for them that fear Thee, which Thou hast wrought for them that trust in Thee before the sons of men!
20) Thou shalt hide them in the safety of Thy presence from the pride of man; Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
21) Blessed be the Lord, for He hath shown me His marvelous kindness in a stronghold city!
22) For I said in my haste, “I am cut off from before Thine eyes!” Nevertheless Thou heard the voice of my supplications when I cried unto Thee.
23) O love the Lord, all ye His saints! For the Lord preserveth the faithful, but plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
24) Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.”
“1) I will extol Thee, O Lord, for Thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2) O Lord my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me.
3) O Lord, Thou hast brought up my soul from the grave; Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4) Sing unto the Lord, O ye His saints, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
5) For His anger endureth but a moment, and in His favor is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6) And in my prosperity I said, “I shall never be moved.”
7) Lord, by Thy favor Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong; when Thou didst hide Thy face, I was troubled.
8) I cried to Thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made supplication:
9) “What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise Thee? Shall it declare Thy truth?
10) Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me; Lord, be Thou my helper!”
11) Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
12) to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto Thee for ever.”