“1) Praise ye the Lord! For it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant, and praise is comely.
2) The Lord does build up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.
3) He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds.
4) He tells the number of the stars; He calls them all by their names.
5) Great is our Lord, and of great power; His understanding is infinite.
6) The Lord lifts up the meek; He casts the wicked down to the ground.
7) Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God,
8) who covers the heavens with clouds, who prepares rain for the earth, who makes grass to grow upon the mountains.
9) He gives to the beast his food and to the young ravens which cry.
10) He delights not in the strength of the horse; He takes not pleasure in the legs of a man.
11) The Lord takes pleasure in them that fear Him, in those that hope in His mercy.
12) Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
13) For He hath strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your children within you.
14) He makes peace in your borders, and fills you with the finest of the wheat.
15) He sends forth His commandment upon the earth; His word runs very swiftly.
16) He gives snow like wool; He scatters the hoarfrost like ashes;
17) He casts forth His ice like morsels; who can stand before His cold?
18) He sends out His word, and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19) He shows His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His judgments unto Israel.
20) He has not dealt so with any nation; and as for His judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord!”
“1) O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon His name: make known His deeds among the people.
2) Sing unto Him, sing psalms unto Him: talk ye of all His wondrous works.
3) Glory ye in His holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
4) Seek the LORD, and His strength: seek His face evermore.
5) Remember His marvellous works that He has done; His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth;”
“1) Praise ye the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2) While I live will I praise the Lord; I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3) Put not your trust in princes, nor in a son of man in whom there is no help.
4) His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
5) Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6) who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that therein is, who keepeth truth for ever;
7) who executeth judgment for the oppressed, who giveth food to the hungry; the Lord looseth the prisoners.
8) The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind; the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down; the Lord loveth the righteous.
9) The Lord preserveth the strangers, He relieveth the fatherless and the widow; but the way of the wicked He turneth upside down.
10) The Lord shall reign for ever, even Thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the Lord!”
“1) I will extol You, my God, O King; and I will bless Your name for ever and ever.
2) Every day will I bless You, and I will praise Your name for ever and ever.
3) Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, and His greatness is unsearchable.
4) One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts.
5) I will speak of the glorious honor of Your majesty, and of Your wondrous works.
6) And men shall speak of the might of Your fearsome acts, and I will declare Your greatness.
7) They shall abundantly utter the memory of Your great goodness, and shall sing of Your righteousness.
8) The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and of great mercy.
9) The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.
10) All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, and Your saints shall bless You.
11) They shall speak of the glory of Your Kingdom and talk of Your power,
12) to make known to the sons of men His mighty acts and the glorious majesty of His Kingdom.
13) Your Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations.
14) The Lord upholds all that fall, and raises up all those that are bowed down.
15) The eyes of all wait upon You, and You give them their meat in due season.
16) You open Your hand, and satisfy the desire of every living thing.
17) The Lord is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works.
18) The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth.
19) He will fulfill the desire of them that fear Him; He also will hear their cry and will save them.
20) The Lord preserves all them that love Him, but all the wicked will He destroy.
21) My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord, and let all flesh bless His holy name for ever and ever.”
“3) What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
4) In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
10) In God will I praise His word: in the LORD will I praise His word.
11) In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.”
“15) O Lord, open You my lips; and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
16) For You desire not sacrifice; else would I give it: You delight not in burnt offering.
17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.”
“1) Blessed be the Lord my strength, who teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight;
2) my goodness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and He in whom I trust, who subdueth my people under me.
3) Lord, what is man that Thou takest notice of him? Or the son of man that Thou makest account of him?
4) Man is like vanity; his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
5) Bow Thy heavens, O Lord, and come down; touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6) Cast forth lightning and scatter them; shoot out Thine arrows and destroy them.
7) Send Thine hand from above; rescue me and deliver me out of great waters from the hand of strangers,
8) whose mouth speaketh vanity and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9) I will sing a new song unto Thee, O God; upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto Thee.
10) It is He that giveth salvation unto kings, who delivereth David His servant from the hurtful sword.
11) Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of strangers, whose mouth speaketh vanity and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood,
12) that our sons may be as plants full grown in their youth, that our daughters may be as cornerstones, polished after the similitude of a palace;
13) that our garners may be full, affording all manner of store, that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets;
14) that our oxen may be strong to labor, that there be no breaking in, nor going out, that there be no complaining in our streets.
15) Happy is that people for whom such is the case; yea, happy is that people whose God is the Lord.”