21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
“1) O Lord, rebuke me not in Thy wrath, neither chasten me in Thy hot displeasure!
2) For Thine arrows stick fast in me, and Thy hand presseth me sorely.
3) There is no soundness in my flesh, because of Thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones, because of my sin.
4) For mine iniquities have gone over mine head; as a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me.
5) My wounds are foul and corrupt because of my foolishness.
6) I am troubled, I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7) For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease, and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8) I am feeble and sorely broken; I have groaned because of the disquiet of my heart.
9) Lord, all my desires are known to Thee; and my groaning is not hidden from Thee.
10) My heart panteth, my strength faileth me; as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11) My loved ones and my friends stand aloof from my sore, and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12) They also that seek after my life lay snares for me; and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and devise deceits all the day long.
13) But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14) Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15) For in Thee, O Lord, do I hope; Thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
16) For I said, “Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me; when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.”
17) For I am ready for halting, and my sorrow is continually before me.
18) For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19) But mine enemies are alive and they are strong; and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20) They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries, because I follow the thing that is good.
21) Forsake me not, O Lord; O my God, be not far from me!
22) Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation!