“The soul that sins, it will die. The son will not bear the iniquity of the father, neither will the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous will be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon him.”
“9) Thus speaks the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and show mercy and compassions every man to his brother:
10) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.”
“16) These are the things that ye shall do: Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbor; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates;
17) and let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor; and love no false oath. For all these are things that I hate,’ says the Lord.””
“17) Although the fig tree will not blossom, neither will fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive will fail, and the fields will yield no meat; the flock will be cut off from the fold, and there will be no herd in the stalls:
18) Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19) The LORD God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and He will make me to walk on my high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.”
“6) “With what will I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? will I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
7) Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? will I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”
8) He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?”
“Seek Him that makes the seven stars and Orion, and turns the shadow of death into the morning, and makes the day dark with night, who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the face of the earth: The Lord is His name”
“It is He that builds His spheres in the heaven, and has founded His troop on the earth. He that calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the face of the earth—the Lord is His name.”