“1) The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handiwork.
2) Day upon day uttereth speech, and night upon night showeth knowledge.
3) There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.
4) Their sound has gone forth through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun,
5) which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6) His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it; and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7) The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8) The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9) The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10) More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11) Moreover by them is Thy servant warned, and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12) Who can understand his errors? Cleanse Thou me from secret faults.
13) Keep back Thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me. Then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent of the great transgression.
14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.”
“1) I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength.
2) The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3) I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
4) The sorrows of death encompassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
5) The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death lay before me.
6) In my distress I called upon the Lord and cried unto my God; He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry came before Him, even unto His ears.
7) Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because He was wroth.
8) There went up smoke out of His nostrils, and a devouring fire out of His mouth; coals were kindled by it.
9) He bowed the heavens also and came down; and darkness was under His feet.
10) And He rode upon a cherub and flew; yea, He flew upon the wings of the wind.
11) He made darkness His secret place; His pavilion round about Him was dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
12) At the brightness that was before Him, His thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
13) The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest uttered His voice with hail stones and coals of fire.
14) Yea, He sent out His arrows and scattered them; and He shot out lightnings and discomfited them.
15) Then the channels of the waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were uncovered at Thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of Thy nostrils.
16) He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.
17) He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me, for they were too strong for me.
18) They came against me in the day of my calamity; but the Lord was my stay.
19) He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me.
20) The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath He recompensed me.
21) For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
22) For all His judgments were before me, and I did not put away His statutes from me.
23) I was also upright before Him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.
24) Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in His eyes.
25) With the merciful Thou wilt show Thyself merciful; with an upright man Thou wilt show Thyself upright;
26) with the pure Thou wilt show Thyself pure; and with the froward Thou wilt show Thyself froward.
27) For Thou wilt save the afflicted people, but wilt bring down haughty looks.
28) For Thou wilt light my candle; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
29) For by Thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
30) As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proved; He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.
31) For who is God, except the Lord? Or who is a rock, except our God?
32) It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
33) He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
34) He teacheth my hands to war, so that the bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
35) Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation; Thy right hand hath held me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great.
36) Thou hast enlarged my path under me, that my feet did not slip.
37) I have pursued mine enemies and overtaken them; neither did I turn back until they were consumed.
38) I have wounded them, that they were not able to rise; they have fallen under my feet.
39) For Thou hast girded me with strength for the battle; Thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
40) Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me.
41) They cried, but there was none to save them, even unto the Lord, but He answered them not.
42) Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind; I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
43) Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and Thou hast made me the head of the heathen; a people whom I have not known shall serve me.
44) As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me; the strangers shall submit themselves unto me.
45) The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.
46) The Lord liveth, and blessed be my Rock! And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
47) It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me;
48) He delivereth me from mine enemies. Yea, Thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me; Thou hast delivered me from violent men.
49) Therefore will I give thanks unto Thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto Thy name.
50) Great deliverance giveth He to His king and showeth mercy to His anointed, to David and to his seed for evermore.”
“1) Hear the right, O Lord; attend unto my cry! Give ear unto my prayer, which goeth not out of feigned lips.
2) Let my sentence come forth from Thy presence; let Thine eyes behold things with equity.
3) Thou hast tested mine heart; Thou hast visited me in the night; Thou hast tried me and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4) Concerning the works of men, by the word of Thy lips I have been kept from the paths of the destroyer.
5) Uphold my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
6) I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt hear me, O God; incline Thine ear unto me and hear my speaking.
7) Show Thy marvelous lovingkindness, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand them that put their trust in Thee from those that rise up against them.
8) Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me under the shadow of Thy wings,
9) from the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies who compass me about.
10) They are enclosed in their own fat; with their mouth they speak proudly.
11) They have now encompassed us in our steps; they have set their eyes, bowing down to the earth,
12) like a lion that is greedy for his prey, even as a young lion lurking in secret places.
13) Arise, O Lord, disappoint them! Cast them down; deliver my soul from the wicked by Thy sword,
14) from men which are Thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world that have their portion in this life, and whose belly Thou fillest with Thy hid treasure: They are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
15) As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.”
“3) Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable.
8) The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
9) The LORD is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works.
14) The LORD upholds all that fall, and raises up all those that are bowed down.
17) The LORD is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works.
18) The LORD is near to all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth.
19) He will fulfill the desire of them that fear Him: He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20) The LORD preserves all them that love Him: but all the wicked will He destroy.”
“9) Thus speaks the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and show mercy and compassions every man to his brother:
10) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.”
“1) Lord, who shall abide in Thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in Thy holy hill?
2) He that walketh uprightly and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart;
3) he that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbor, nor spreadeth a reproach against his neighbor;
4) in whose eyes a vile person is contemned, but he honoreth them that fear the Lord; he that taketh an oath to his own hurt, and changeth not;
5) he that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh a bribe against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.”
“26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
27) So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
28) And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth”