1 Thessalonians 4:3-7
“3) For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that you should abstain from fornication:
4) That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5) Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:
6) That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
7) For God has not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
“4) Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5) Does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6) Does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7) Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8a) Love never fails…”
1 John 4:7-11
“7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God.
8) He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.
9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.”
“1) How long wilt Thou forget me, O Lord? For ever? How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me?
2) How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3) Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4) lest mine enemy say, “I have prevailed against him”; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5) But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.
6) I will sing unto the Lord, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.”
“1) In the Lord I put my trust; how say ye to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain,
2) for lo, the wicked bend their bow and make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart;
3) if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
4) The Lord is in His holy temple! The Lord’s throne is in heaven! His eyes behold; His eyelids test the children of men!
5) The Lord tries the righteous; but the wicked and him that loves violence, His soul hates.
6) Upon the wicked He shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and a horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
7) For the righteous Lord loves righteousness; His countenance does behold the upright.”