“39) But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: He is their strength in the time of trouble.
40) And the LORD will help them, and deliver them: He will deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.”
“37) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let Him come to me, and drink.
38) He that believes on Me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly will flow rivers of living water.
39) (But this spoke He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet glorified.)”
Jesus, in Matthew 5:33-37
“33) Again, you have heard that it has been said by them of old time, You will not forswear yourself, but will perform to the Lord your oaths:
34) But I say to you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne:
35) Nor by the earth; for it is His footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36) Neither will you swear by your head, because you can not make one hair white or black.
37) But let your communication be, Yes, yes; No, no: for whatsoever is more than these comes of evil.”
“1) I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
2) I poured out my complaint before Him; I laid before Him my trouble.
3) When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
4) I looked on my right hand and beheld, but there was no man that would know me. Refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
5) I cried unto Thee, O Lord; I said, “Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
6) Attend unto my cry, for I am brought very low; deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.
7) Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Thy name; the righteous shall compass me about, for Thou shalt deal bountifully with me.””
“1) I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever; with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.
2) For I have said, “Mercy shall be built up for ever; Thy faithfulness shalt Thou establish in the very heavens.”
3) “I have made a covenant with My chosen, I have sworn unto David My servant:
4) ‘Thy Seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations.’” Selah
5) And the heavens shall praise Thy wonders, O Lord, Thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
6) For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?
7) God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be held in reverence by all them that are about Him.
8) O Lord God of hosts, who is a strong Lord like unto Thee? Or to Thy faithfulness round about Thee?
9) Thou rulest the raging of the sea; when the waves thereof arise, Thou stillest them.
10) Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; Thou hast scattered Thine enemies with Thy strong arm.
11) The heavens are Thine, the earth also is Thine; as for the world and the fullness thereof, Thou hast founded them.
12) The north and the south, Thou hast created them; Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in Thy name.
13) Thou hast a mighty arm; strong is Thy hand, and high is Thy right hand.
14) Justice and judgment are the habitation of Thy throne; mercy and truth shall go before Thy face.
15) Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound! They shall walk, O Lord, in the light of Thy countenance.
16) In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day, and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
17) For Thou art the glory of their strength, and in Thy favor our horn shall be exalted.
18) For the Lord is our defense, and the Holy One of Israel is our King.
19) Then Thou didst speak in a vision to Thy holy one and said, “I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
20) I have found David My servant; with My holy oil have I anointed him.
21) With him My hand shall be established; Mine arm shall also strengthen him.
22) The enemy shall not exact from him, nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23) And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24) But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him, and in My name shall his horn be exalted.
25) I will set his hand also over the sea, and his right hand over the rivers.
26) He shall cry unto Me, ‘Thou art my Father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.’
27) Also I will make him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28) My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and My covenant shall stand fast with him.
29) His Seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30) If his children forsake My law and walk not in My judgments,
31) if they break My statutes and keep not My commandments,
32) then will I visit their transgression with the rod and their iniquity with stripes.
33) Nevertheless My lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor permit My faithfulness to fail.
34) My covenant will I not break, nor alter the things which have gone out of My lips.
35) Once have I sworn by My holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36) His Seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before Me.
37) It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in the heaven.” Selah
38) But Thou hast cast off and abhorred; Thou hast been wroth with Thine anointed.
39) Thou hast made void the covenant of Thy servant; Thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40) Thou hast broken down all his hedges; Thou hast brought his strongholds to ruin.
41) All that pass by the way despoil him; he is a reproach to his neighbors.
42) Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; Thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
43) Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
44) Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
45) The days of his youth hast Thou shortened, Thou hast covered him with shame. Selah
46) How long, Lord? Wilt Thou hide Thyself for ever? Shall Thy wrath burn like fire?
47) Remember how short my time is; why hast Thou made all men in vain?
48) What man is he that liveth and shall not see death? Shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah
49) Lord, where are Thy former lovingkindnesses, which Thou hast sworn unto David in Thy truth?
50) Remember, Lord, the reproach against Thy servants” how I bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people
51) wherewith Thine enemies have reproached, O Lord, wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of Thine anointed.
52) Blessed be the Lord for evermore! Amen and Amen.”
“1) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2) For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
3) Trust in the Lord and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4) Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5) Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.
6) And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7) Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8) Cease from anger and forsake wrath; fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9) For evildoers shall be cut off; but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10) For yet a little while and the wicked shall not be; yea, thou shalt diligently look for his place, and it shall not be.
11) But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
12) The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
13) The Lord shall laugh at him, for He seeth that his day is coming.
14) The wicked have drawn out the sword and have bent their bows to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright manner of living.
15) Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
16) A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
17) For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the Lord upholdeth the righteous.
18) The Lord knoweth the days of the upright; and their inheritance shall be for ever.
19) They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20) But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall be consumed; into smoke shall they be consumed away.
21) The wicked borroweth and payeth not back, but the righteous showeth mercy and giveth:
22) for such as are blessed by Him shall inherit the earth, but they that are cursed by Him shall be cut off.
23) The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delighteth in his way.
24) Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.
25) I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging for bread.
26) He is ever merciful and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
27) Depart from evil and do good, and dwell for evermore.
28) For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not His saints; they are preserved for ever, but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
29) The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
30) The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
31) The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
32) The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
33) But the Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
34) Wait on the Lord and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
35) I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
36) Yet he passed away, and lo, he was no more; yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
37) Mark the perfect man and behold the upright, for the end of that man is peace.
38) But the transgressors shall be destroyed together; the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
39) But the salvation of the righteous is in the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble.
40) And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked and save them, because they trust in Him.”