“1) I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me and heard my cry.
2) He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.
3) And He hath put a new song in my mouth; even praise unto our God; many shall see it and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
4) Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5) Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done; and Thy thoughts which are directed toward us, they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee. If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
6) Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; mine ears hast Thou opened; burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required.
7) Then said I, “Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me:
8) I delight to do Thy will, O my God; yea, Thy law is within my heart.”
9) I have preached righteousness in the great congregation; lo, I have not restrained my lips, O Lord, Thou knowest.
10) I have not hid Thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared Thy faithfulness and Thy salvation; I have not concealed Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth from the great congregation.
11) Withhold not Thou Thy tender mercies from me, O Lord; let Thy lovingkindness and Thy truth continually preserve me.
12) For innumerable evils have compassed me about; mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up. They are more than the hairs of mine head; therefore my heart faileth me.
13) Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!
14) Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
15) Let them be desolate as a reward for their shame, that say unto me, “Aha, aha!”
16) Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee; let those that love Thy salvation say continually, “The Lord be magnified!”
17) But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh of me. Thou art my help and my deliverer; do not tarry, O my God!”
“1) Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous! For praise is comely for the upright.
2) Praise the Lord with the harp; sing unto Him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
3) Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.
4) For the word of the Lord is right, and all His works are done in truth.
5) He loveth righteousness and judgment; the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
6) By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
7) He gathereth the waters of the sea together as a heap; He layeth up the deep in storehouses.
8) Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
9) For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.
10) The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought; He maketh the devices of the people of no effect.
11) The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.
12) Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He hath chosen for His own inheritance.
13) The Lord looketh down from heaven; He beholdeth all of the sons of men.
14) From the place of His habitation He looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth;
15) He fashioneth the hearts of all; He considereth all their works.
16) No king is saved by the multitude of an army; a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
17) A horse is a vain thing for safety; neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
18) Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy,
19) to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
20) Our soul waiteth for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.
21) For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.
22) Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee.”
“20) Our soul waits for the LORD: He is our help and our shield.
21) For our heart will rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.
22) Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in You.”
“25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it;
26) That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27) That He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife loves himself.
29) For no man ever yet hated his own body; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.
31) For this reason a man will leave his father and mother, and will be joined to his wife, and the two will be one flesh.
32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33) Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.”
“33) O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!
34) For who has known the mind of the Lord? or who has been His counsellor?
35) Or who has first given to Him, and it will be recompensed to him again?
36) For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen”
Jesus, in Matthew 5:33-37
“33) Again, you have heard that it has been said by them of old time, You will not forswear yourself, but will perform to the Lord your oaths:
34) But I say to you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne:
35) Nor by the earth; for it is His footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36) Neither will you swear by your head, because you can not make one hair white or black.
37) But let your communication be, Yes, yes; No, no: for whatsoever is more than these comes of evil.”