“28) Have you not known? have you not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, faints not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding.
29) He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increases strength.
30) Even the youths will faint and be weary, and the young men will utterly fall:
31) But they that wait upon the LORD will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings as eagles; they will run, and not be weary; and they will walk, and not faint.”
“1) Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me; fight against them that fight against me.
2) Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
3) Draw out also the spear, and block the way against them that persecute me. Say unto my soul, “I am thy salvation.”
4) Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul; let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
5) Let them be as chaff before the wind, and let the angel of the Lord chase them.
6) Let their way be dark and slippery, and let the angel of the Lord persecute them.
7) For without cause they have hid their net for me in a pit, which without cause they have dug for my soul.
8) Let destruction come upon him unawares; and let the net which he hath hidden catch himself; into that very destruction let him fall.
9) Then my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation.
10) All my bones shall say, “Lord, who is like unto Thee, who deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and needy from him that would plunder him?”
11) False witnesses rose up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
12) They rewarded me evil for good, to the grieving of my soul.
13) But as for me, when they were sick my clothing was sackcloth; I humbled my soul with fasting, and my prayer returned unto mine own bosom.
14) I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother; I bowed down in heaviness, as one that mourneth for his mother.
15) But in mine adversity they rejoiced and gathered themselves together; yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they tore at me and ceased not.
16) With hypocritical mockers at feasts they gnashed their teeth against me.
17) Lord, how long wilt Thou look on? Rescue my soul from their destructions, my precious soul from the lions.
18) I will give Thee thanks in the great congregation; I will praise Thee among many people.
19) Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me; neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
20) For they speak not peace, but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.
21) Yea, they opened their mouths wide against me and said, “Aha, aha! Our eyes have seen it.”
22) This Thou hast seen, O Lord; keep not silence; O Lord, be not far from me.
23) Stir up Thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
24) Judge me, O Lord my God, according to Thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
25) Let them not say in their hearts, “Ah, so would we have it!” Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”
26) Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at my hurt; let them be clothed with shame and dishonor that magnify themselves against me.
27) Let them shout for joy and be glad that favor my righteous cause; yea, let them say continually, “Let the Lord be magnified who hath pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”
28) And my tongue shall speak of Thy righteousness and of Thy praise all the day long.”
“1) Unto Thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me, lest, if Thou be silent, I become like them that go down into the pit.
2) Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry unto Thee, when I lift up my hands toward the oracle of Thy sanctuary.
3) Draw me not away with the wicked and with the workers of iniquity, who speak peace to their neighbors, but mischief is in their hearts.
4) Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts.
5) Because they regard not the works of the Lord, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them and not build them up.
6) Blessed be the Lord, because He hath heard the voice of my supplications!
7) The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth, and with my song will I praise Him.
8) The Lord is their strength, and He is the saving strength of His anointed.
9) Save the people, and bless Thine inheritance; feed them also, and lift them up forever.”
“26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.
27) So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
28) And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth”