2 Peter 3:9
“The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
“2) Why should the heathen say, ‘Where is now their God?’
3) But our God is in the heavens: He has done whatsoever He has pleased.
4) Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands.
5) They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
6) They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
7) They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
8) They that make them are like them; so is every one that trusts in them.”
“Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.”
2 Corinthians 5:1-10
“1) For we know that if our earthly house, this tabernacle, were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2) For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed about with our house which is from Heaven,
3) that, being so clothed, we wil not be found naked.
4) For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened, not because we would be unclothed, but clothed about, that mortality might be swallowed up by life.
5) Now He that has wrought us for this selfsame thing is God, Who also has given to us the pledge of the Spirit.
6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord;
7) for we walk by faith, not by sight.
8) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
9) Therefore we labor, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted by Him.
10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to what he has done, whether it be good or bad.”
“1b)…Truly my soul waits upon God: from Him comes my salvation.
2) Only He is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I will not be greatly moved.”
“A good man obtains favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will He condemn.”
“1) The LORD hear you in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
2) Send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion;”