“16) And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eat with publicans and sinners, they said to His disciples, ‘How is it that He eats and drinks with publicans and sinners?’
17) When Jesus heard it, He said to them, ‘They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick do: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
“3) Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4) Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them who are in any trouble, by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5) For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds by Christ.”
“1) Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2) And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us, and has given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.”
“1) How long wilt Thou forget me, O Lord? For ever? How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me?
2) How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3) Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4) lest mine enemy say, “I have prevailed against him”; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5) But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.
6) I will sing unto the Lord, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.”