“17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned; and avoid them.
18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.”
“17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18) Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.”
“11) For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
“12) How think you? if a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety and nine, and goes into the mountains, and seeks that which is gone astray?
13) And if so be that he find it, truly I say to you, he rejoices more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
14) Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in Heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.”
“The soul that sins, it will die. The son will not bear the iniquity of the father, neither will the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous will be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon him.”
“1) Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul;
2) O my God, I trust in Thee. Let me not be ashamed; let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3) Yea, let none that wait on Thee be ashamed; let them be ashamed that transgress without cause.
4) Show me Thy ways, O Lord; teach me Thy paths.
5) Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day.
6) Remember, O Lord, Thy tender mercies and Thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7) Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Thy mercy remember Thou me, for Thy goodness’ sake, O Lord.
8) Good and upright is the Lord; therefore will He teach sinners in the way.
9) The meek will He guide in judgment, and the meek will He teach His way.
10) All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth, unto them that keep His covenant and His testimonies.
11) For Thy name’s sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity, for it is great.
12) What man is he that feareth the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way that He shall choose.
13) His soul shall dwell at ease, and his seed shall inherit the earth.
14) The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him, and He will show them His covenant.
15) Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He shall pluck my feet out of the net.
16) Turn Thee unto me and have mercy upon me, for I am desolate and afflicted.
17) The troubles of my heart are enlarged; O bring Thou me out of my distresses.
18) Look upon mine affliction and my pain, and forgive all my sins.
19) Consider mine enemies, for they are many; they hate me with cruel hatred.
20) O keep my soul and deliver me; let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in Thee.
21) Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait on Thee.
22) Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles!”