“17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned; and avoid them.
18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.”
“17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18) Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.”
“9) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10) I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.”
“1) The earth is the Lord’S, and the fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell therein.
2) For He hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3) Who shall ascend onto the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His Holy Place?
4) He that hath clean hands and a pure heart, who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5) He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6) Such is the generation of them that seek Him, that seek Thy face, O God of Jacob. Selah
7) Lift up your heads, O ye gates! And be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.
8) Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
9) Lift up your heads, O ye gates! Even lift them up, ye everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.
10) Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah”
“16) And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eat with publicans and sinners, they said to His disciples, ‘How is it that He eats and drinks with publicans and sinners?’
17) When Jesus heard it, He said to them, ‘They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick do: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
“1) Hear the right, O Lord; attend unto my cry! Give ear unto my prayer, which goeth not out of feigned lips.
2) Let my sentence come forth from Thy presence; let Thine eyes behold things with equity.
3) Thou hast tested mine heart; Thou hast visited me in the night; Thou hast tried me and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
4) Concerning the works of men, by the word of Thy lips I have been kept from the paths of the destroyer.
5) Uphold my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.
6) I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt hear me, O God; incline Thine ear unto me and hear my speaking.
7) Show Thy marvelous lovingkindness, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand them that put their trust in Thee from those that rise up against them.
8) Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me under the shadow of Thy wings,
9) from the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies who compass me about.
10) They are enclosed in their own fat; with their mouth they speak proudly.
11) They have now encompassed us in our steps; they have set their eyes, bowing down to the earth,
12) like a lion that is greedy for his prey, even as a young lion lurking in secret places.
13) Arise, O Lord, disappoint them! Cast them down; deliver my soul from the wicked by Thy sword,
14) from men which are Thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world that have their portion in this life, and whose belly Thou fillest with Thy hid treasure: They are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
15) As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.”