“1) Give ear to my words, O Lord; consider my meditation.
2) Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for unto You will I pray.
3) My voice shall You hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto You and will look up.
4) For You are not a God that has pleasure in wickedness; neither shall evil dwell with You.
5) The foolish shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.
6) You shall destroy them that speak lies; the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
7) But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy, and in Your fear will I worship toward Your holy temple.
8) Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of mine enemies; make Your way straight before my face.
9) For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is exceeding wickedness. Their throat is an open sepulcher; they flatter with their tongue.
10) Destroy You them, O God! Let them fall by their own counsels. Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, for they have rebelled against You.
11) But let all those that put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let them also that love Your name be joyful in You.
12) For You, Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor will You compass him about as with a shield.”
“16) These are the things that ye shall do: Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbor; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates;
17) and let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor; and love no false oath. For all these are things that I hate,’ says the Lord.””
“”Immanuel, God with us.” It is hell’s terror. Satan trembles at the sound of it… Let him come to you suddenly, and do you but whisper that word, “God with us,” back he falls, confounded and confused… “God with us” is the laborer’s strength. How could he preach the gospel, how could he bend his knees in prayer, how could the missionary go into foreign lands, how could the martyr stand at the stake, how could the confessor own his Master, how could men labor if that one word were taken away?… “God with us” is eternity’s sonnet, heaven’s hallelujah, the shout of the glorified, the song of the redeemed, the chorus of the angels, the everlasting oratorio of the great orchestra of the sky.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
“New York Times Reports 18 Billion People Will Die From Republican Tax Plan”
“The detailed report suggested that the government taking slightly less money from the citizens of the U.S. would have detrimental effects, causing everything from volcanic eruptions and destructive tidal waves to a catastrophic, intergalactic invasion from aliens who feed on all organic life.”
“Because we are Christians who believe the inspired Word of God and because we believe that the Holy Spirit is the abiding third person of the Trinity, there should be more divine authority in our preaching ministries. A preacher of this gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ should have the authority of God upon him, so that he makes the people responsible to listen to him. When they will not listen to him, they are accountable to God for turning away from the divine Word. A preacher under God’s unction should reign from his pulpit as a king from his throne. He should not reign by law or by regulation or by man’s authority. He ought to reign by moral ascendancy! The divine authority is missing from many pulpits. We have “tabby cats” with their claws carefully trimmed in the seminary, so they can paw over the congregations and never scratch them at all! The Holy Spirit will sharpen the arrows of the man of God who preaches the whole counsel of God!”