“True joy comes only from God and He shares this joy with those who walk in fellowship with Him. …
A life of disobedience cannot be a life of joy.” – from p.155 of “The Pursuit of Holiness” by Jerry Bridges.
“3) Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable.
8) The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
9) The LORD is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works.
14) The LORD upholds all that fall, and raises up all those that are bowed down.
17) The LORD is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works.
18) The LORD is near to all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth.
19) He will fulfill the desire of them that fear Him: He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20) The LORD preserves all them that love Him: but all the wicked will He destroy.”
1 Corinthians 14:26
“How is it then, brethren? when you come together, every one of you has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.”
“Without Christ you are like a sheep without its shepherd; like a tree without water at its roots; like a sere leaf in the tempest not bound to the tree of life. With your whole heart seek Him, and He will be found by you: only give yourself thoroughly up to the search, and truly, you will yet discover Him to your joy and gladness.” – Charles Spurgeon