21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
“1) O God, the heathen have come into Thine inheritance; Thy holy temple have they defiled, they have laid Jerusalem in heaps.
2) The dead bodies of Thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heavens, the flesh of Thy saints unto the beasts of the earth.
3) Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4) We have become a reproach to our neighbors, a scorn and derision to them that are round about us.
5) How long, Lord? Wilt Thou be angry for ever? Shall Thy jealousy burn like fire?
6) Pour out Thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known Thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon Thy name;
7) for they have devoured Jacob and laid waste his dwelling place.
8) O remember not former iniquities against us; let Thy tender mercies go speedily before us, for we are brought very low.
9) Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Thy name; and deliver us and purge away our sins, for Thy name’s sake.
10) Why should the heathen say, “Where is their God?” Let Him be known among the heathen in our sight by the avenging of the blood of Thy servants which is shed.
11) Let the sighing of the prisoner come before Thee; according to the greatness of Thy power, preserve Thou those that are appointed to die.
12) And render unto the bosom of our neighbors sevenfold their reproach wherewith they have reproached Thee, O Lord.
13) So we Thy people and the sheep of Thy pasture, will give Thee thanks for ever; we will show forth Thy praise to all generations.”