“Why do you look so sad today?” Genesis 40:7
Come, Holy Spirit, come;
Let your bright beams rise;
Dispel the darkness from my mind,
And open my blind eyes.
Cheer my desponding heart,
O heavenly Paraclete;
Give me to lie with humble hope,
At my Redeemer’s feet.
Revive my drooping faith;
My doubts and fears remove;
And kindle in my breast, the flames
Of never-dying love!
Convict me of my sin,
Lead me to Jesus’ blood;
And to my wondering view reveal
The secret love of God!
– James Smith
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers. May God bless each of you as you serve the Lord and people in whatever ways you can.
С днем матери.
“Every professing Christian is the soldier of Christ. He is bound by his baptism to fight Christ’s battle against sin, the world, and the devil. The man that does not do this breaks his vow. He is a spiritual defaulter. He does not fulfil the engagements made for him. The man that does not do this is practically renouncing his Christianity. The very fact that he belongs to a Church, attends a Christian place of worship, and calls himself a Christian is a public declaration that he desires to be reckoned a soldier of Jesus Christ.” – J.C. Ryle
“Be like Christ in the church. How many there are of you like Diotrephes, seeking pre-eminence. How many are trying to have some dignity and power over their fellow Christians, instead of remembering that it is the fundamental rule of all our churches, that there all men are equal-alike brethren, alike to be received as such. Carry out the spirit of Christ, then, in your churches, wherever ye are; let your fellow members say of you, “He has been with Jesus.”” – Charles Spurgeon
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
“1) Give the king Thy judgments, O God, and Thy righteousness unto the king’s son.
2) Then shall he judge Thy people with righteousness, and Thy poor with judgment.
3) The mountains shall bring peace to the people and the little hills, by righteousness.
4) He shall judge the poor of the people; he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
5) They shall fear Thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
6) He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass, as showers that water the earth.
7) In his days shall the righteous flourish, and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.
8) He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
9) They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him, and his enemies shall lick the dust.
10) The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents; the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
11) Yea, all kings shall fall down before him; all nations shall serve him.
12) For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also and him that hath no helper.
13) He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
14) He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence, and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
15) And he shall live, and to him shall be given from the gold of Sheba; prayer also shall be made for him continually, and daily shall he be praised.
16) There shall be corn by the handful in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall wave like Lebanon, and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
17) His name shall endure for ever, his name shall be continued as long as the sun, and men shall be blessed in him; all nations shall call him blessed.
18) Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone doeth wondrous things.
19) And blessed be His glorious name for ever, and let the whole earth be filled with His glory! Amen and Amen.
20) The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.”