21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
“1) The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2) When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3) Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, even in this will I be confident.
4) One thing have I desired of the Lord; that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple.
5) For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret places of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me upon a rock.
6) And then shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me; therefore I will offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7) Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me and answer me.
8) When Thou saidst, “Seek ye My face,” my heart said unto Thee, “Thy face, Lord, will I seek.”
9) Hide not Thy face far from me; put not Thy servant away in anger. Thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10) When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11) Teach me Thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a level path because of mine enemies.
12) Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies; for false witnesses have risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13) I would have fainted, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14) Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord!“