Hello, everyone. I’d like to tell you all that I created a second blog/site here on WordPress, and it’s called Battle, Adventure, Beauty.
Visit my additional blog/site and read the “Hello, World!” post, it pretty much explains all you need to know about that blog; why I made it, what I’ll post there, and other possible questions you may have. If you’ll have a question about it, ask it in comments here or on that post.
I’d greatly appreciate it if you follow that blog if you’re already following this one. As far as I can tell my Battle, Adventure, Beauty site is already following all the people I’m following with this site but I have no followers on that site yet. I’d like to get up to the same number of followers as I have on this blog/site. Help me out, everyone who’s following this blog/site already. Thank you for reading. Look for many posts there in the near future; even now I’ve posted a number of things and will keep adding when I log in to my WordPress.
Link to Battle, Adventure, Beauty front/home page:
“If God knows that your intention is to worship Him with every part of your being, He has promised to cooperate with you. On His side is the love and grace, the promises and the atonement, the constant help and the presence of the Holy Spirit. On your side there is determination, seeking, yielding, believing. Your heart becomes a chamber, a sanctuary, a shrine in which there may be continuous unbroken fellowship and communion with God. Your worship rises to God moment by moment! We have all found that God will not dwell in spiteful and proud and selfish thoughts. He treasures our pure and loving thoughts, our meek and charitable and kindly thoughts. They are the thoughts like His own! As God dwells in your thoughts, you will be worshiping-and God will be accepting. He will be smelling the incense of your high intentions even when the cares of life are intense and there is activity all around you. This leaves us no argument. We know what God wants us to be. He wants us to be worshipers!”
– A. W. Tozer
“Sin affects every aspect of our society, our politics, and our homes. No human relationship is free from this corrosive power. Sin manifests itself in even the best of our associations. For this reason we intimately know disappointment, frustration, and struggle.”
– Kelly Kapic
“Let me say boldly that it is not the difficulty of discovering truth, but the unwillingness to obey it, that makes it so rare among men. Our Lord said, “I am the Truth.” And again He said, “The Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Truth, therefore, is not hard to find for the very reason that it is seeking us! So we learn that Truth is not a thing for which we must search, but a Person to whom we must hearken! In the New Testament, multitudes came to Jesus for physical help, but only rarely did one seek Him out to learn the Truth. The whole picture in the gospels is one of a seeking Savior, not one of seeking men. The Truth was hunting for those who would receive it, and relatively few did, for “many are called, but few are chosen.”
– A. W. Tozer
“3) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4) As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5) Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.”
3) Вот наследие от Господа: дети; награда от Него–плод чрева.
4) Что стрелы в руке сильного, то сыновья молодые.
5) Блажен человек, который наполнил ими колчан свой! Не останутся они в стыде, когда будут говорить с врагами в воротах.
“3) Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
4) Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.”
3) Положи, Господи, охрану устам моим, и огради двери уст моих;
4) не дай уклониться сердцу моему к словам лукавым для извинения дел греховных вместе с людьми, делающими беззаконие, и да не вкушу я от сластей их.
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
“1) O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me.
2) Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising; Thou understandest my thought afar off.
3) Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4) For there is not a word on my tongue, but lo, O Lord, Thou knowest it altogether.
5) Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid Thine hand upon me.
6) Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7) Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from Thy presence?
8) If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there.
9) If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10) even there shall Thy hand lead me, and Thy right hand shall hold me.
11) If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,” even the night shall be light about me.
12) Yea, the darkness hideth not from Thee, but the night shineth as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee.
13) For Thou hast possessed my reins. Thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
14) I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well.
15) My substance was not hid from Thee when I was made in secret, and intricately wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16) Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuity were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them.
17) How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
18) If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with Thee.
19) Surely, Thou wilt slay the wicked, O God. Depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20) For they speak against Thee wickedly, and Thine enemies take Thy name in vain.
21) Do I not hate them, O Lord, that hate Thee? And am I not grieved with those that rise up against Thee?
22) I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them mine enemies.
23) Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts.
24) And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”