Poetry, quotes, links, etc., all for God's glory! THERE'S MUCH TO READ HERE. STAY A WHILE, THINK, LEARN, grow! MY WRITINGS ARE SERIOUS, AND AT TIMES NOT THE EASIEST TO UNDERSTAND BUT READ CAREFULLY, YOU'LL SEE I SEEK TO always WRITE TRUTH TO COMBAT LIES, GLORIFYING GOD BY FIGHTING THE DEVIL'S LIES AND HIS FOLLOWERS' DECEPTIONS. JOIN ME IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE LIES, JOIN ME IN GLORIFYING GOD! COME, BELIEVERS, UNBELIEVERS, all, ETERNAL MATTERS ARE NOT TO BE IGNORED NOR TAKEN LIGHTLY, MUCH IS AT STAKE, SOULS ARE FOUGHT FOR, the mind is the battlefield. SEEK God while HE MAY BE FOUND, repent, return, SERVE HIM, LOVE HIM, OBEY HIM, HE IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF HAPPINESS, GIVER OF NEW LIFE, THE ONE TRUE AND LIVING GOD! There is one name by which we may be saved, Jesus Christ the only Savior of souls, Son of God, the Lord who forever reigns! Glory to God alone!
“Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain.” ― from “Don’t Waste Your Life” by John Piper.
“1) It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto Thy name, O Most High,
2) to show forth Thy lovingkindness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness every night,
3) upon an instrument of ten strings and upon the psaltery, upon the harp with a solemn sound.
4) For Thou, Lord, hast made me glad through Thy work; I will triumph in the works of Thy hands.
5) O Lord, how great are Thy works! And Thy thoughts are very deep.
6) A brutish man knoweth not, neither doth a fool understand this:
7) when the wicked spring up as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish, it is that they shall be destroyed for ever;
8) but Thou, Lord, art Most High for evermore.
9) For lo, Thine enemies, O Lord, for lo, Thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
10) But my horn shalt Thou exalt like the horn of a unicorn; I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
11) Mine eye also shall see what I desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear what I desire upon the wicked that rise up against me.
12) The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree; he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13) Those that are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14) They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing to show
15) that the Lord is upright. He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.”
“In every era, cynicism and contempt can lead to lawlessness, and disorder, never to reformation or reconstruction. Revolution and destruction can be spawned by bitterness and a loss of faith, but not progress. When an era has lost its faith, it seeks to find a substitute for faith in charismatic leaders, and political figures come to the fore whose only asset is their appearance, voice, or glamour. The political leader becomes essentially an actor playing an expected role. The commanding person becomes the substitute for a commanding faith.”
– R. J. Rushdoony
“The more we study the words of our Lord Jesus Christ when He lived on earth among us, the more certain we are about who He is. Some critics have scoffed: “Jesus did not claim to be God. He only said He was the Son of Man.” It is true that Jesus used the term, “Son of Man” frequently. But He testified boldly, even among those who were His sworn enemies, that He was God. He said with great forcefulness that He had come from the Father in heaven and that He was equal with the Father. Bible-believing Christians stand together on this. They may differ about the mode of baptism, church policy or the return of the Lord. But they agree on the deity of the eternal Son. Jesus Christ is of one substance with the Father-begotten, not created (Nicene Creed). In our defense of this truth we must be very careful and old-belligerent, if need be! Christ is the brightness of God’s glory, and the express image of God’s Person!”
– A. W. Tozer
“There is no point in romanticizing other religions that reject the deity and saving work of Christ. They do not know God. And those who follow them tragically waste their lives.” ― from “Don’t Waste Your Life” by John Piper.
“Therefore, at the heart of the meaning of work is creativity. If you are God, your work is to create out of nothing. If you are not God, but like God—that is, if you are human—your work is to take what God has made and shape it and use it to make Him look great.” ― from “Don’t Waste Your Life” by John Piper.